Begin your journey of understanding and insight into Te Ao Māori.
- Does your team want to be more appreciative of wider cultural diversity and values?
- As a leader do you want to model increasing diversity in the workplace?
We are providing a six-week informative and relaxed introductory course to begin your journey of knowledge and insight into Te Ao Māori. Alongside others, you will build understanding of basic Te Ao Māori principles and values and learn how this knowledge and practice can strengthen your self-place and your work-place. You will become confident in speaking your pēpeha (your connections, whanau and ancestors) and co-learn as part of a relaxed, fun and supportive learning environment.
- Begin insight into Te Ao Māori – alignment of values, kawa and tīkanga
- Learn the process for relationship engagement when a guest at marae
- Learn how to apply relationship principles to work/business settings
- Improve pronunciation using pēpeha, karakia, local place names, kupu whakarangatira
- Develop, learn and share their pēpeha confidently in various settings
- Experience marae pōwhiri process and share pēpeha on the marae
- Develop a personal plan for continuing journey in te ao Māori
Provided by Kānuka Wellbeing & Leadership Ltd, facilitated by Wiremu Matthews and hosted by The Kollective, Tauranga.
Ko Mauao te maunga
Ko Tauranga te moana
Ko Takitimu te waka
Ko Ngāti Ranginui te iwi
Ko Ngāi Tamarāwaho me Ngāti Kahu ngā hapū
Ko Huria me Wairoa ngā marae
Ko Wiremu Matthews ahau
Tēnā koutou katoa
Wiremu combines expertise in cultural practice, wellbeing, personal development and team leadership to support senior leaders and their teams, and to create the environment required for team success. He has over 15 years experience in leadership, in public, private, social enterprise and not for profit sectors.
Course begins Tuesday, 2 November, and runs every Tuesday 10am-12noon until Tuesday 7 December. Places are limited. Fee and registration details here.